Sunday, August 29, 2010

the end, or the beginning!

ok so, I chose the day 1 workout yesterday! ah, it made my partner and I laugh. I have come a long way from day 1!

I cant believe it has been 90 days! this has been an emotional and tough journey, but so so rewarding.

I was thinking today, it mustv been some time back, mayby near the beggining of the PCP, where i was talking to a work mate about staying in shape and eating healthy. She was telling me how she very rarely if at all eats takeaways, and that she cooks her dinner every night. I could not understand how anyone
could go without ever eating takeaways. they were such a huge part of my diet that i just couldnt really get it. If i was tired, couldnt be bothered cooking, or felt unwell
- i usually had takeaways for dinner. mostly mcDonalds. But
now... i have no desire for McDonalds or takeaways. Now i get it. of course i have the odd oh yum! when i see it on tv, but i think about it a bit longer and imagine how greasy and unhealthy these foods are. This guy at work has takeaways at least 3 out of 5 times a week for lunch, i used to look at his food and really want what he had. now i look at it, and am a little disgusted that he puts that crap into his body so frequently. I also have the urge to say something to him - but as hard as it is i keep it to myself. ive said things before and he just looks at me the way i looked at my workmate when she told me she never eats takeaways, and people (my workmates) look at me like im a little nutty when i try to explain these things.

I wish i could spread my new goodness onto others, but really, unless you go through this magical journey of PCP or are really into the health scene yourself, people just dont get it, or dont really care. I sortv wish that my partner did this with me - he is reasonably healthy, and i tell him about what ive learnt, but ive found that unless you go through this process yourself, in one way or another, you just dont really get it. im not sure if that makes sense.

I no longer want to eat all those rotten processed foods at the supermarket (minus some items) such as bolonase sauce, white rice etc. i want freshness. i was gona buy some tandoori paste to put on my fish (try it its good!) but i decided not to buy the pack, but to make my own! haha.

an important thing that i have learnt is that gimmecks and quick weight loss regimes dont work. not in the long term anyway. the most important thing to be healthy and get into shape is the right food and daily exercise. I hear this all the time, but until i did the pcp, i just didnt get it. i was trying all sorts, i even brought the lemon detox diet before pcp and its still sitting in my cupboard. This was not the right way to go about loosing weight and keeping it off. so, i dont know what to do with it now. id give it away, but then it would be better for me to refer people to the PCP than to give them the detox!

Anywho, the thing is, not only have I lost weight and gotten into good shape thoughout this journey, i have learnt so so much, and i am so grateful to Patrick, his zen-ness and grate wisdom. The PCP has taught me so much and i hope to continue my new habits and what i have learnt and spread the word (to those who want to listen.haha) So thankyou Patrick!

Also, i want to thank my team SEXAAY team mates, you guys have been my rock throughout these 90 days, and i could not have done this without you! you guys kept me going on those days when i just wanted to give up! your support and wonderful comments really kept me going and i thankyou from the bottom of my heart!

I wish all the best to the current pcpers, keep going, you guys are doing great! it is so worth it at day 90.

and, congratulations to my team mates! we have made it! you guys have done a great job and are all looking amazing! woohoo!

ooh ooh, i did 3 full pullups on Sunday! holy moley!

So, my post pcp dinner was grand. prawn stirfry (with fish sauce, oyster sauce and singapore noodles) with a glass of wine, or two! yum. felt a little tipsy after the wine!

this is my last official post. but im not ready to say goodbye to ya'l yet. so im gona still post with some post pcp posts.

here are some day 90 photos!

Day 8 - 8th June 10
Day 90 Day 8













Loose pants New work skirt



7 comments:

  1. OMG!! You are looking so hot! I want to give you a big hug. It's been great getting to know you and sharing this totally insane (yet totally sane) journey with you. xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! Looking super! You rocked it and earned that COMPLETE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic! And it sounds like you've changed a lot on the inside as well. Congratulations! Thank you for all of YOUR kind words to all of us! This team thing really does work. Huh. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kowhai, you look great !

    I THANK YOU for being there, for going through 90 days together, for warm comments to our blogs.
    I've never expected to feel so close to my team mates, it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been so loyal and such a hard worker in this program. You look incredible. And you look happy.

    Blessings blessings blessings on you and go be strong, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats dude! the change is remarkable. loving that work skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look great, Kowhai! Awesome job with the PCP!

    ReplyDelete